Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ancestors that I have Met

This is the second of Randy Seaver's, Genea-Musings, Saturday Challenges that I have participated in.

Tonight's challenge was as follows:

1) Write down which of your ancestors that you have met in person (yes, even if you were too young to remember them).

2) Tell us their names, where they lived, and their relationship to you in a blog post, or in comments to this post, or in comments on Facebook.

Earl Wilton Jones (1928 - Present), my father was born in Lumberton, NC. As a young boy, dad moved with his family to Winston-Salem, NC, which is where he grew up, and considers Winston-Salem his hometown.

Iola Everett Jones (1893 - 1969), my paternal grandmother. She was born in the Cross Roads section of Martin County, NC. She met and married my grandfather on Dec. 27, 1914 (Martin County, NC). She and granddad and their young family left Martin County and eventually settled in Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, NC. There were a few stops in other NC counties along the way, Halifax and Roberson. I remember visiting my grandmother in Winston-Salem. As her health begin to decline, my aunt brought her to my hometown to live with her. She resided there until her death. She's buried beside my grandfather in Winston-Salem, NC.

So, on my paternal side I've met 2 ancestors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments posted on Conversations with My Ancestors are moderated and will be approved only if they are on-topic and not abusive.