Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sentimental Sunday - Happy Birthday Daddy!

Daddy, today, if you were still living, you would have been 86. In the 3 years, 5 months, and 12 days since your journey here on earth ended, life has continued. There have been good days and bad days and a lot that were in between the two.

Sometimes it feels like your death happened yesterday and at other times it feels like it's been years.

There are still special times of the year, like your birthday, where  days and weeks before, the tears start flowing again. I often don't realize why I'm so emotional until I look at the calendar and realize what time of the year it is. And then there are the times that for no reason at all you just pop into my head and I'm missing all the special times.

So on this day I just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY! You are still loved and missed so very much.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments posted on Conversations with My Ancestors are moderated and will be approved only if they are on-topic and not abusive.