Sunday, July 18, 2010

SNGF

I know, I know. It's Sunday evening, not Saturday night, but I wanted to participate in yesterday's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun since it was one I could easily do.  This past Saturday Randy Seaver, Genea-Musings, gave the following assignment.

  1. Find something that you have written that you are really proud of - the best of your work. Do an Edit > Copy of it.
  2. Go to the website http://iwl.me/ and Paste your text into the waiting box.
  3. Tell us which famous author you write like. Write it up in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog, or post it on Facebook. Insert the "badge of honor" in your blog if you can.
For this assignment, I chose my posts on Grand Aunt Goldie, They Served With Honor, and the April 27th Tombstone Tuesday posts and my results were as follows:
  1. James Joyce (1882 - 1941): Joyce was an Irish novelist and was to modern literature what Picasso was to modern art: he scrambled up the old formulas and set the table for the 20th century. He is best known for Ulysses and Finnegan's Wake. He died in 1941 from a perforated ulcer. (1)
  2. Howard Phillips Lovecraft (1890 - 1937): Lovecraft was born and raised in Rhode Island. It is said that he was one of the most influential horror writers of the 20th century and is most noted for his stories involving a slimy alien god named Cthulhu. (1)
  3. Dan Brown (1964 - ): Author of The Da Vinici Code, one of the most talked about novels of 2003. Most of his works share his signature mix of secret societies, international intrigue, scholarly puzzles and fast paced action. (1)
(1) All information obtained from Answers.com.


2 comments:

  1. We have similar styles, at least with the first two. It is interesting how different blog posts produce such different writers :)

    My writers: http://su.pr/1eCoFQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, thanks for stopping by. It is interesting considering I don't think how I write changes that much from post to post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments posted on Conversations with My Ancestors are moderated and will be approved only if they are on-topic and not abusive.