Saturday, December 10, 2011

Blog Caroling 2011

It's that time of year for the annual Blog Caroling tradition from footnoteMaven. This is a tradition that definitely lifts the spirits this time of year, and since I've been blogging, I always look forward to it. This year especially it means more than ever.

My carol from this year isn't necessarily a carol but I've always loved it and loved hearing my dad with various choirs sing it. As I was putting up Christmas decorations, I just started singing For Unto Us a Child is Born from Handel's Messiah. The song is based on Isiah 9:6.

The Lyrics are as follows:

For unto us a child is born,
Unto us a Son is given,
And the Government shall be upon His shoulder;
And His Shall be Called
Wonderful,
Counsellor,
The Mighty God,
The Everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.



Video of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was obtained from You Tube.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments posted on Conversations with My Ancestors are moderated and will be approved only if they are on-topic and not abusive.