Friday, December 31, 2010

Goals for 2010

2010 is coming to a close and I must apologize to the readers of Conversations With My Ancestors. I’ve not done nearly enough blogging this year about the research on the paternal side of my family. I even had some successes on the research front. Unfortunately, I never managed to get them posted to the blog.

My plethora of excuses for not blogging include: 1) For whatever reason, I had a problem with a spammer on this blog that sort of deterred me a little but probably the biggest problem is 2) on my paternal side, I simply don’t have the family stories as I do on the maternal side of family. That’s partly due to having grown up around the majority of my maternal aunts, uncles, and cousins while my much smaller paternal side was scattered. It’s also due to the fact that yes, that side of my family simply did not talk about the past. I’ve refused to use that as an excuse in my research, so it definitely will should not be an excuse for my blogging.

With regard to my research for my paternal ancestors, I only have three goals for 2011.

  1. A research trip to Martin, Pitt, and Bertie Counties, NC.
  2. Scan all the pictures I inherited from Aunt Martha and distribute them to my cousins. 
  3. Blog more!!!!!


4 comments:

  1. #1 is a big goal for me too- I have put off my genealogy road trips for too long now and need to just do it! I hope you have the opportunity to accomplish that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel like I'm cheating my paternal side because I'm always so focused on the maternal side where there are lots more family stories, etc. What's ironic is that at least on my paternal grandmother's line, I've actually gotten further on the paternal side than the maternal side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great goals, Mavis. I wish you the best in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New New Mav! Glad to see you're still plugging away & don't be so hard on yourself... I believe the Ancestors allow us to "pause" from time to time.

    I'm sure I'll soon find myself back chasing the next unknown cousin.

    Hugs,

    Luckie

    ReplyDelete

Comments posted on Conversations with My Ancestors are moderated and will be approved only if they are on-topic and not abusive.