Saturday, January 16, 2010

Yele Haiti

Earlier this week when discussing the tragedy in Haiti, I pointed out that donations could be made through Wyclef Jean's orginazation, Yele. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that since that time, there has been information that has come out with regard to Yele's accounting and financial practices. Like others, I do find the timing of the release of this information questionable given that Yele has been around for 12 years. I will also state that wrong is wrong.

So, as in everything else in life, investigate any organization that you plan to make a donation to and through.

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments posted on Conversations with My Ancestors are moderated and will be approved only if they are on-topic and not abusive.